Atlanta Beer Festivals will host the 6th Atlanta Summer Beer Fest at the Masquerade Music Park on Saturday, June 20, 2014. This event will feature 200+ beers, ciders, and a small selection of wines. There will be live music on the main stage outside, as well as out front. We will be using the inside rooms as well this year with some additional live music and DJ Qtip. The full Music line-up will soon be announced. This has been one of the best festivals of the summer every year, and this year will be even better.
The event will be held at Masquerade, 695 North Avenue NE Atlanta, GA 30308.
Tickets are on sale now. Advance tickets are $40, $45 after June 11, and $55 day of event. Sales tax and ticket fees will be added. Tickets can be purchased from Xorbia through our event website: www.atlantasummerbeerfest.com/
Wild Heaven Craft Beers announces a one year anniversary party
Yesterday Wild Heaven completed canning their Emergency Drinking Beer, and announced that they are planning a big celebration weekend. Here’s a couple bits of news about their Anniversary Parties:
Tickets remain, but they may sell out – Wild Heaven will advise via social media (www.twitter.com/wildheaven and www.facebook.com/wildheaven) Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon if any tasting glasses will be available at the door.
- Friday (8-11pm): Chips/salsa/quesadillas by Mezcalito’s Cantina (Grant Park) and wings by D.B.A. Barbeque (Va-Hi).
- Saturday (7-10pm): Sloppy Joes by Community BBQ (Decatur)
Wild Heaven will have a variety of barreled beers on tap as well and they are excited to share them with their fans and can’t wait to taste them with you as well.
All the details are below – but make sure to reserve your glass in advance for one of the two sessions (they will be running regular tasting hours as well that weekend with the regular lineup).
News From SweetWater
SweetWater announced its summer release, Water Keeper Hefeweizen, will be available in 6-pack cans this year and will also be included in their summer can tackle box! The brewery will have the beer on tap starting May 21, and they are adding to the celebration by inviting fans to come down to the brewery and help paint rain barrels. The rain barrels will then be sold as art work to raise money for the Chattahoochee Riverkeeper. They will also have local artists Kyle Brooks and John Dunn hanging out to provide “some inspiration if you’re stuck.”
SweetWater also announced in their newsletter they will be in Augusta celebrating with the local minor league baseball team August 8th.
“If you’ve never been to a Greenjackets game down in Augusta, you are missing out. It’s minor league ball at it’s finest in a park absolutely decked out in tie-dye and with SweetWater beer specials that approach insanity.
On August 8, we’re bringing Savannah Riverkeeper into the mix with tie-dye unis, a silent auction and Waterkeeper Hefe on tap. All proceeds from the evening will be donated back to Savannah Riverkeeper.”
Hi-Wire Brewing to Extend Distribution to North Carolina Coast May 18th
Asheville, NC – Asheville based Hi-Wire Brewing has signed on with Coastal Beverage Company to expand its distribution beyond the mountains, triad and triangle area of North Carolina to bring beer to the coastal counties. This soon-to-be 2 year old brewery opened the doors of its original South Slope location June 2013 and is slated to open the doors on its newest project, the Biltmore Big Top, summer 2015.
Hi-Wire Brewing will bring the following beers into the coastal North Carolina counties:
- Hi-Pitch IPA – A western North Carolina take on the West Coast style IPA. Huge citrus hop aromas make this a Hop Head’s dream. Its full body balances well with the bitterness & allows the drinker to enjoy its depth of hop flavors & aromas. This beer will be available in 6 packs and and kegs.
- Prime Time Pale Ale – Simcoe hops bring a plethora of flavors and aromas from this crisp American Pale Ale. From floral to earthy, citrus to pine, this dry ale is an easy drinker. This will be available in 6 packs and and kegs.
- Bed of Nails Brown Ale – Our brown ale is crafted as an ode to the traditional English brown. Its delicate body allows the flavors of caramel and toffee from our specialty malts to come to life. This will be available in 6 packs and and kegs.
- Summer Seasonal: Uprisin’ Hefeweizen – A traditional wheat ale with big ester notes of banana – backed by tones of clove and peppercorn. Brewed with 100% North Carolina grown wheat from Riverbend Malt House in Asheville, NC, this beer is sure to become your summer favorite.
- Limited specialty bottles and draft.
To celebrate the expansion east, Hi-Wire Brewing has set up a variety of events at numerous locations in Eastern North Carolina. Starting May 18th, craft beer drinkers will be able meet owners and representatives of Hi-Wire Brewing as well as taste their lineup of beers at select bars in the area. Each participating bar will be the single exclusive location to find Hi-Wire beer for that particular evening.
For a full schedule of Hi-Wire’s coastal North Carolina launch events and participating locations, visit the Beer Street Journal at beerstreetjournal.com/events/
About Hi-Wire Brewing
Located in Downtown Asheville, NC, Hi-Wire Brewing is known for producing approachable and balanced ales and lagers, most notably Hi-Wire Lager, Prime Time Pale Ale, Bed of Nails Brown, and Hi-Pitch IPA. Awarded the most medals at the 2014 NC Brewer’s Cup and Best New North Carolina Brewery of 2013 by RateBeer. Hi-Wire’s award-winning beers can be found on draft and bottles in North Carolina bars and retail shops as well as in their South Slope Brewery and Tasting Room in downtown Asheville. In summer 2015, craft beer drinkers can enjoy Hi-Wire beer at their Biltmore Village Big Top location, a 27,000 square foot production facility, a half a mile from the Biltmore Estate. In addition to flagship beers, Hi-Wire offers a rotating selection of seasonals as well as one-offs from their Hi-Wire Reserve Series. Learn more about the company at www.hiwirebrewing.com